REAL WEDDING SUBMISSIONS
OPEN CALL SUBMISSIONS FOR PRINT ARE ACCEPTED THROUGH SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Real wedding submissions should be detail rich with an abundance of vivid visuals. We go silly-crazy over the details, so indulge us. We also love a good story. From getting ready to the last enchanted dance and everything in between, pour it on. Real Wedding are our vice of choice.
We receive many submissions weekly. Those that meet the criteria below, rise to the top of the review process. Those that don’t will be put on hold until we have time to follow-up on the missing elements.
- 150 to 250 images
- Image size: min 900 pixels wide for blog posts / 300 dpi for print (min 6″ wide)
- Top 10 images of the couple: 300 dpi for print / min 9″ wide, 11″ high
- Provide images via Dropbox [send to email@example.com]
- A descriptive story of 250 to 500 words
- Submit everything at one time, including credits
- Vendor Questionnaire completed by the submitter (unless submitted by bride and groom)
- Couple’s Questionnaire completed by the bride or groom
We’re often asked by brides, designers and photographers what they need to do to increase their chance of being selected. Here are a few tips to help your submission rise to the top.
- Choose great images! Close-up, pulled back, different angles, details, etc.
- We’re crazy for wedding details: gown, cake, bouquet, table settings, guests, wedding party, reception, cultural and theme elements.
- We love variety and diversity in ethnicity, themes, budget and settings.
- Submit clean, color images. No watermarks, frames or borders.
- Please be kind. We receive many submissions and depending on our print schedule, there are times when the review process slows due to commitments to our advertisers, which delays our response time.
- At the risk of being redundant, submit everything at one time.
PRIOR BLOG USE
As a rule, we prefer to feature real weddings that haven’t been posted elsewhere. However, since even the most popular wedding blogs have limited bay area viewing, we keep an open mind. If your real wedding has been featured on another blog, it may still be eligible for print. Be sure to list the blogs/sites the wedding has been posted on, under the ‘Submission Status’ section of the vendor questionnaire. Cristine will review and make the call on whether it’s been over or under exposed in our local market.
PRIOR PRINT USE
If your real wedding was featured in another magazine with distribution in Northern California, it is not eligible for print consideration, but is still available for blog consideration.
We love videos! Please limit to 3-5 minute trailers. Any music used must be licensed.